I was anxious to unpin my LH mitten last night. I thought about it all day yesterday -- really had doubts that the blocking would give me the extra length I needed -- and was fully prepared, mentally and emotionally, for Plan B. The first thing I noticed when I slipped that mitt onto my hand was how soft and pliable it was. Mmm. The second thing I noticed was that my middle finger, though touching the top of the mitten, was not trying to poke through. There was room! It's not Max Headroom, but room enough. I had the fittin' mitten on my hand a lot last night.
So, the next step is to rip and re-do the RH mitten. I'll need to rip to where I left off on the thumb gusset, knit the gusset to the proper length, and carry on from there. Then I'll give it the same wet block treatment. This will be tedious at the start because I already wove in the ends on that one. I weave and hide 'em pretty well. In the end, these mittens will be given to Katie; she has the smallest hands among us and, though I could wear them, they're better sized for her. I'll move on to another pair, thank you!
I worked on the sweet Tanguy hat last night, but not as much as I'd have liked. Interruptions prevented it being an FO, but I think you may see one tomorrow!