Joining Carole and friends again this week for Three on Thursday...
#1, #2, #3, etc. -- If it's fun once...
The kids were over for a while last night -- I had to get my fix before taking off for a long weekend away -- and we had a blast!
- Redecorating the "holiday" tree
- Eating supper (and ice cream) (the kids quickly discovered that they could open the "freezer on the bottom" and all the treasures within, so ice cream has been a regular feature of visits lately)
- Playing with dolls & trucks & motorcycles & Lincoln Logs
- Reading books
- Painting "pet rocks" and Easter ornaments
- Mugging it up & taking selfies
- Jumping off the footstool
- Playing hide & seek
So, hide & seek is new, and Junah is crazy excited about playing that game. He can barely contain himself when he hides so, of course, it's pretty easy to find him. He doesn't realize yet that he doesn't really want to be found... all the excitement right now is about being found!
Jün hid; I found him (under a chair).
Jün hid; I found him (behind a chair).
Gin & I hid; she also made little noises, which made it easy for Junah to find us... in the coat closet by the back door... which delighted him no end! It was so cool, you'd have thought that I'd invented ice cream.
So then Jün & Gin hid... in the coat closet... and I found them!
Again and again and again and again and again!!
He wasn't any less excited that I found him there for the sixth time than he was the first. So freakin' fun.
Then Rusty got involved and I had the brilliant idea to hide the kids in the tub, and of course they thought that was also very cool. And then Gin started playing around with the faucets and they were both cool and WET!! OMG, it was hilarious! Gin was only a little bit damp, actually, but they need little excuse to strip down for a little nakey time.
This grandma thing is THE BOMB! It just gets more and more fun all the time. Counting the days (16) 'til #3 is due!