Ten on Tuesday is taking place on Random Wednesday this week, which actually started off feeling more like a Monday when I locked my keys (and everything else I had with me) in my car upon arriving at work this morning. I don't usually work on Wednesday. Yeah, that's it.
10 Things You Are Thankful For This Year
1. I am thankful for my family, of course; that they are so diverse and yet still manage to get along and tolerate each other... usually... to share a holiday meal, at least... and an occasional weekend away.
2. I am thankful that I have a job, a roof over my head, food in the 'fridge, clothes on my back and a car in the garage, and I hope it stays that way. Over the past week or so, I watched the business across the street close up, paint over the sign, line up all the trucks, and practically board up the windows -- so this particular bell is jingled a few times a day.
3. I am thankful that I can knit things to keep myself and those I love warm and cozy -- and that most of them appreciate it more than I could ever have hoped.
4. I am thankful for the support of my family and friends as I venture out in new directions, explore new territory, find myself. Oooh, that just came out... I never really put it like that before. Find myself. Huh.
5. I am thankful that I can laugh -- easily, loud, ass on or off -- and sometimes make other people laugh.
6. I am thankful that my cold is getting better. I often get off of work early on Tuesday, and last night it was super early, which was great because I was able to take two broken purses to Ye Olde Cobbler Shoppe for repair before they closed. (Honestly, it's like stepping into another time.) I am also often the first knitter to show up for knitting out on Tuesday, and can end up being alone for a while -- which is fine, except that last night, I just knew I'd fall asleep if I had to sit there alone for any length of time. That seemed like a signal that I should take care of myself and just go home. Ya know?
7. I am thankful for Tom Sturgis Pretzels and Skippy Super Chunk Peanut Butter.
8. I am thankful that I've put myself out there a bit more and have made some nice friends through book club, knitting group, and blogging (of course!).
9. I am thankful that the highway construction that closed a big chunk of the main road through town is finally over!
10. I am thankful that I live in a place that is blessed with a hometown newspaper, published twice a week. There was a story in one recent issue of the newspaper about Nick Collins -- he plays Safety position for a local team called the Green Bay Packers -- and his visit to a school in our city, talking to kids about focus and working hard. After his presentation, the kids thanked Nick by performing a reenactment of his interception and 59-yard return for a touchdown during a recent game against the Vikings. There are just SO many things to love and be thankful for in that!!
You wrote a wonderful and thoughtful thankful list, Vicki.
Posted by: Carole | 19 November 2008 at 03:34 PM
I LOVE the re-enactment story. Creative kids!
Posted by: kmkat | 22 November 2008 at 12:23 PM