A few things (meme)
- Do you like bleu cheese? Yes! I love all kinds of cheese. I've lived in a couple of places famous for cheese!
- Have you ever smoked? 1970 - 2005. I just celebrated 5 years quit!
- Do you own a gun? No.
- Favorite type of food? Mediterranean.
- Favorite type of music? All types -- it varies with the wind.
- What do you think of hot dogs? Depends on the hot dog -- nearly anything is good cooked (slightly charred) over an open fire or very hot coals.
- Favorite Christmas movie? Love Actually.
- What do you prefer to drink in the morning? I have three cups of coffee -- with cream and a little sugar -- every morning.
- Can you do push ups? I've done push-ups; don't know if I can do push-ups; I may be able to do a push-up.
- What’s your favorite piece of jewelry? My engagement/wedding ring that DH had made for me.
- Favorite hobby? Knitting, reading, gardening, writing.
- Do you have A.D.D.? No.
- Do you wear glasses/contacts? Glasses. I haven't worn contacts in 20+ years.
- Middle name? Lynn.
- Name three thoughts at this exact moment: Should I throw the sheets in the wash and then take a shower, or take a shower and then throw the sheets in the wash? It looks like it's going to be a much nicer day today than yesterday. I need to confer with the girls and come up with a day that will work for all for birthday cake!
- Name three drinks you regularly drink: Coffee, Diet Coke, water.
- Current worry? I'm not much of a worrier, though I might answer differently wide awake in my bed at 3 a.m.
- Current hate right now? Fraud, corruption, entitlement, lies.
- Favorite place to be? With my family.
- How did you bring in the new year? Around a little fire in the woods.
- Someplace you’d like to go? The Mediterranean.
- Name three people who will complete this.
- Do you own slippers? Sort of. I have some heavy wool slipper socks, but I'd really like some slip-on slippers -- those French ones that are so cute.
- What color shirt are you wearing? I'm not wearing a shirt. Heh. (I'm still in my nightgown.)
- Do you like sleeping on satin sheets? No.
- Can you whistle? Yes, and I do it all the time!
- Where are you now? In my office/studio.
- Would you be a pirate? I like the idea of being a pirate, but I probably wouldn't be a pirate.
- What songs do you sing in the shower? I do not sing in the shower. It's true. I never have.
- Favorite girl’s name? Zoe. Still.
- Favorite boy’s name? David Michael. If any of my girls had been a boy, that would have been his name -- after DH's brother and mine.
- What is in your pocket right now? This nightgown doesn't have pockets.
- Last thing that made you laugh? OMG, who knows? I laugh loud and often!
- What vehicle do you drive? 2000 Saturn SW. I want an electric car!
- Worst injury you’ve ever had? I'm knocking on wood right now because I really haven't suffered much more than bumps, bruises, cuts and scrapes -- with the occasional twist, but nothing broken. Knock, knock, knock, knock, knock!
- Do you love where you live? I absolutely love where I live. I think about moving, but can't imagine finding a house/location I love as much as this one.
- How many TVs do you have in your house? Two.
- How many computers do you have in your house? Two.
- If you changed your job, what would it be? A photographer or a detective (which, combined, sounds an awful lot like a Private Eye), or a writer, historian, librarian, archivist, teacher, mentor... too many things!
- If you had three wishes what would they be? I wish health, happiness, adventure, prosperity, and love for my three girls! I wish for a long and healthy life for DH and me, so that we can travel, have a few more adventures together, and enjoy the grandchildren that I also wish for (but not yet, thankyouverymuch). I wish for world peace... or, at least, world I-don't-agree-with-you-but-that's-no-reason-to-kill-you-getting-alongedness. Is that more than three?
I like your list, especially your version of whirled peas!
Posted by: kmkat | 18 April 2010 at 10:02 AM
Heh, another meme that I might not mind doing. What's gotten into me?! It's mainly because I love your answers and there is SO MUCH OVERLAP with mine. Amazing. Happy Sunday, Vicki!
Posted by: Norma | 18 April 2010 at 10:14 AM
Great meme. I love your wishes.
Posted by: Carole | 18 April 2010 at 11:02 AM
I may do this meme but like Norma, our answers would be very similar. Doesn't matter really, as no one reads the blog.
Posted by: Elizabeth | 18 April 2010 at 05:05 PM
Great list, Vicki, and thank you for something to blog.
Posted by: Angie | 19 April 2010 at 08:04 AM
Five years quit! Congrats!
Posted by: Leightongirl | 19 April 2010 at 08:44 AM
This is a great meme. I love learning more about you.
Posted by: margene | 19 April 2010 at 09:15 AM