Dot, dot, dot
Riffing a la Theresa...
- It was a nice, sunny day today -- just the way I like my Saturdays. A light jacket and a scarf wrapped 'round my neck, some fingerless mitts in the morning...
- And I'm good.
- I picked up the last of our CSA deliveries today -- a "late season" box for each of us (Ali and me). We found various potatoes and squash, a pie pumpkin, shallots and garlic, cabbage, apples...
- I made potato soup for supper tonight.
- With a recipe that my friend Cursing Mama sent me...
- In 2008...
- That I've been meaning to try.
- Next time, I'm making Elizabeth's Baked Potato Soup...
- She only posted that one in 2010, so I've got time.
- I'm sure it'll be soon! I have potatoes!
- The only other thing I bought at the market was some bread -- a loaf of sourdough, and also a ciabatta with some gorgonzola butter...
- We had some devoured that last weekend with the birthday pot pies...
- And devoured it again tonight.
- I can tell it's getting close to Christmas...
- Because my girls are knitting.
- Alison called me twice last night (from her apartment, upstairs at my house)...
- The second time I answered, "Knitting Hotline! How may I help you?"
- She's knitting a pair of slippers...
- "What does 'KFB' mean?"
- "What does "SM" mean?"
- She wanted to go yarn shopping today and I just happened to need to go button shopping, too!
- I bought buttons for two cowls that I've recently finished.
- My LYS was having a sale...
- Can you believe I've never been on their email list before?
- They don't mail things in the mail anymore.
- I discovered today that I lost my driver's license.
- I can't ever get the thing out of its little slot when I want to, so I'm pretty sure that it didn't just fall out and that I left it somewhere...
- I can't imagine where!
- Or even when!
- It's driving me nuts.
- Also driving me nuts is that the letters E, T, A, D, F, H, L, C, N are all worn off my my keyboard, most of G and M are, too, and V, R and B are barely there.
- I don't need to see them to type because I know them by heart/feel...
- But when I go looking for a particular one... at a time... I really have to think.
- Drives me nuts...
- It's not that old.
- I know, I know...
- I did some work today...
- And now I'm going to sit down with Rusty and watch the last episode of Zen.
Random photo of not a square...
Congrats on the knitting daughters - isn't it great? :^) Love those calls!
Good luck with the drivers license - that's kind of scary.
The CSA box sounds so good - just saw a recipe somewhere for red cabbage and sausage that I plan to try with the cabbage I got last weekend at the farmers' market.
Posted by: Joy | 12 November 2011 at 07:18 PM
Adorable photo! And the soups sound great. Hearing that your girls call you for knitting advice gives me hope that Hannah will take up knitting again some day.
Posted by: Carole | 12 November 2011 at 08:42 PM
great post...as usual...
Posted by: Julia in KW | 13 November 2011 at 06:43 AM
I'm making Baked Potato soup tonight. There were leftover baked potatoes from a catering that I took home and since I'm on a what I call a 5 day working weekend (whine, whine) it will be fast.
I loved Zen (and Rufus Sewell) Case Histories was good too.
Posted by: Elizabeth | 13 November 2011 at 07:29 AM
Oh, what a GREAT PHOTO! Man, I love you.
Posted by: Norma | 13 November 2011 at 09:07 AM
Hee hee! I am deep into gift knitting, too!
About the keyboard...have you tried using a sharpie to mark in the missing letters? If you have a dark keyboard, they make a silver colored one that shows up on dark colors beautifully!
Posted by: Grace | 13 November 2011 at 09:52 AM
We have tons of potatoes so this soup maybe in my kitchen soon!
Posted by: margene | 14 November 2011 at 07:43 AM