And in other news...
- Last Friday was our 27th wedding anniversary! (Can you believe it? I can't.) We celebrated by going out to a supper club that I pass by nearly everyday but have never been. The NY Times wrote about Wisconsin supper clubs a couple of months ago. They are everywhere and, yet, there are not as many as there used to be. We had a good time -- typical -- and that is to say that it was terrific!
- On Saturday, I finally cleaned up and put away the rest of Christmas... though I noticed a couple of stray shepherds yesterday. There's always something...
- I multi-tasked and dyed some yarn at the same time.
- On Sunday morning I asked myself what I should do before getting into things and my answer was, "Go to the gym!" So I did.
- As I was slowly pedaling, cooling down, watching all the counters reach their marks, I took more notice of what was going on around me and almost couldn't believe my eyes. There was an elderly lady going at a much more leisurely pace than I on one of the more recumbent-style bikes in front of me and, I swear on a stack of Opinionated Knitters, that she was knitting! I didn't want to startle her (she had headphones on), but that so made my day.
- When I told Ali, her response was, "I want to do that, too!"
- I swear.
- I doubt I'd ever have created a "knitting department" at the coffee shop had the girls -- and especially Ali -- not fallen so hard this year down the rabbit hole that is knitting. It's just awesome.
- Yarn was dyed on Sunday (my first with cash-mmm-ere).
- Roasted Tomato Sauce was thawed to make lasagna -- enough to carry me through a few workday lunches, too.
- I'm not sure what I did on Monday... recovered from the weekend, I guess.
- It was my baby sister's birthday... AK-47!
- Out of work early on Tuesday, and I hit the gym again!
- I also went to see Beauty & The Beast in 3D with Katie and Ali. Maddy was supposed to come, but we had to go late and she was pooped. It was my first-ever 3D movie! It took a few minutes to get used to the glasses and all, but I'm glad I went. I'm sure it's been at least a decade since I watched it (on the VCR... heh), but I remembered every single word from the first. I think that movie was on a non-stop loop at our house for a while back in the day!
- Wednesday morning was Chi Kung at the coffee shop. I ended up sitting and chatting with some of the ladies afterwards until 12:30 -- I had just enough time to run home and change my clothes before meeting Mom at the coffee shop, as planned, at 1:00!
- Book club was on Wednesday night. I haven't actually read a book for club in quite a while, but the next one looks interesting to me... One Thousand White Women: The Journals of May Dodd. History, women, pioneers, the west... I'm a Little House girl... what's not to love?
- It's on order and, meanwhile, I'm concentrating on magazine articles and other short reads. I am a pretty monogamous reader, so "can't" start another book right now.
- It seems silly when I write that. Perhaps it's time to rattle the chains of some of these weird quirks (that I seem to notice more and more). They're not the boss of me!
- I was out of work early yesterday, too, and hit the gym again!
- I'm going to meet with a personal trainer a few times to see about adding other things to my workout. Weights or something.
- And the knitting continues...
- Project: Just Enough Ruffles (Just Enough Ruffles, by Laura Chau)
- Yarn: Stitch Nation by Debbie Stoller Alpaca Love; (3) balls, color 3520-Peacock Feather
- Needle: US 9 (straights) (yep)
- Start to Finish: January 22, 2011 - January 25, 2012
- Notes: I'm a "firm" knitter (I've loosened up, I think, so I won't say "tight") and only had to break into the third ball of yarn on the second-to-last row. I think that with one less short-row repeat, I could make this with two balls and no one would notice. As it is, though, I'm thinking there's enough yarn for some matching hand warmers!
You've been missed! You've been busy having a life! It's awesome. There is so much good happening around you. The scarf is gorgeous!
Our 32nd anniversary was Wednesday!
Posted by: margene | 27 January 2012 at 01:35 PM
Ruffles is awesome and your week sounds great. Happy Anniversary! This week I have seen War Horse, The Artist, and Hugo - it's Oscar season!
Posted by: Carole | 27 January 2012 at 02:54 PM
Since Christmas, I've also seen War Horse, Sherlock Holmes, and The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo! I'd like to see Hugo. How did you like The Artist???
Posted by: Vicki | 27 January 2012 at 03:08 PM
Posted by: Cheryl S. | 27 January 2012 at 04:43 PM
Phew! You've been busy. It all sounds really good. I've seen The Artist and The Descendents. But my favorite isn't nominated for Best Pic. I loved Tinker, Tailor!
Posted by: Lee | 27 January 2012 at 05:18 PM
Wow sounds like a great week! I love your scarf. Thanks for the book recommendation - I am a Little House girl too. And Happy Anniversary! Such a great milestone. Have a great weekend Vicki!
Posted by: Cynthia | 27 January 2012 at 05:54 PM
Posted by: Kristyn | 27 January 2012 at 08:45 PM
Happy anniversary! Sounds like a really good week. Variety, family, knitting! I added the book to my to-read list on goodreads, thanks. You were brave to see 3-D I can't (or rather my eyes) can't handle it- I wear trifocals and 3-D isn't compatible. It makes me dizzy. I remember the days of Belle singing in my house daily!
Posted by: Robin F. | 28 January 2012 at 07:58 AM
Gorgeous scarf! (which is now in my favorites)
Posted by: kmkat | 28 January 2012 at 03:04 PM
Happy Anniversary -belated now.
Lots of goodness in your week, Vicki.
Posted by: Elizabeth | 30 January 2012 at 09:06 AM