Ten on Tuesday: Oh, Mother!
Ten on Tuesday: 10 Favorite TV Moms
In no particular order, and with a couple of extra for good measure. Can you have too many TV mothers? They're all favorites for different reasons!
1. Olivia Walton: The Waltons. Well, for one thing, I always loved Miss Michael Learned's name, and I also loved her voice. She was the epitome of "calm," perfectly conveyed through the tone and timbre of her voice. I wanted to be a Walton.
2. Ann Romano: One Day at a Time. I could relate!! My mother was also a divorced, single mom (of five!), and Barbara & Julie were about my age.
3. Edith Bunker: All In The Family. Those Were The Days!
4. Julia Baker: Julia. Oh, she was so pretty and no one's ever more elegantly worn a nurse's uniform!
5. Florida Evans: Good Times. She was dyn-o-mite!
6. Roseanne Conner: Roseanne. Talk about keepin' it real.
7. Clair Huxtable: The Cosby Show. Smart.
8. Kitty Forman: That '70s Show. Giggles erupt the minute Kitty appears.
9. Sophia Petrillo: The Golden Girls. Sophia makes me laugh out loud!
10. Marion Cunningham: Happy Days. Who didn't love Mrs. Cunningham??
11. Caroline Ingalls: Little House On The Prairie. I always wanted to be Laura Ingalls Wilder, so it makes sense that Ma would be my ma!
12. Maude Findlay: Maude. Not exactly the maternal type, I loved Maude -- and her daughter, also a mom, Carol!
13. Victoria Barkley: The Big Valley. Pretty sure I just had a big crush on Barbara Stanwyck.
Who'd I miss? Mrs. Partridge, Mrs. Brady, Mrs. Addams, Mrs. Munster, Mrs. Cleaver, Mrs. Simpson, Mrs. Jetson, Mrs. Flintstone and Mrs. Rubble, Mrs. Ricardo...
I adore your list! And love that you included Maude because I thought she was awesome - that intro song and montage of photos of her was T-riffic!
Posted by: Carole | 14 May 2013 at 09:25 AM
Loved the inclusion of Ann Romano. I think that was a breakout role, situation, etc?
Posted by: Jo | 14 May 2013 at 10:28 AM
I missed June Cleaver too - I always wanted to look as nice as she did while cleaning house...complete with pearls!
Posted by: Mary Kay | 14 May 2013 at 11:26 AM
Awesome list, and you have a few that I wish I had thought of when making my list. And let's not forget that Ann Romano had awesome ginger hair!!
Posted by: Susan | 14 May 2013 at 11:58 AM
I love how you always remind me of these old tv shows! We really were one of the first tv generations, weren't we?
Posted by: Elizabeth | 14 May 2013 at 07:41 PM
I love that you included Sophia from the Golden Girls. I loved her!
Posted by: Dianne | 14 May 2013 at 07:55 PM
hm! another list filled with moms i wasnt familiar with until reading other lists from ToT. wish i had access to more of these shows
Posted by: rebeccawip | 15 May 2013 at 03:56 AM
Oh, great list, Vicki! (We watched the same shows. . .) I had forgotten Julia! I loved that show.
Posted by: Kym | 15 May 2013 at 05:59 AM
Michael Learned has a little summer place on the same lake as my friend Colleen here in Polk County.
Posted by: kmkat | 18 May 2013 at 08:25 AM