Ten on Tuesday: To Be Thankful
Ten on Tuesday: 10 Things For Which I Am Thankful
1. I am thankful that I have a husband who can -- and likes to -- do things... and who indulges (most of) my little whims, even when it means bashing a big hole through a wall. We have been do-ers together from Day 1!
There will soon be a hole in the wall where those doors are leaning -- for those doors to be installed!
2. I am thankful that Katie is able to follow her dreams (and earn her Master's at the same time) in Scotland. And that she'll soon be home for a visit. And that the possibility of visiting her there next summer is still very real.
3. I am thankful that Alison is a happy married lady and soon-to-be mum. To see and feel her happiness is... always amazing.
4. I am thankful that Maddy has found her path. It's a little longer than she'd like and there have been some bumps, but she is getting it done. Her excitement about teaching is infectious.
5. I am thrilled -- and thankful, of course -- that I will not only become a grandma as the new year begins, but that I will have (hopefully) helped & supported Ali and Rod through the process, and that I will be part of Zim's welcoming committee.
6. I am thankful for ALL of my family -- parents, grandparents, siblings, aunts, uncles, and cousins. Due to the natural ebb and flow of relationships, there are various measures of connectedness at any given time, but we are connected to the core and I wouldn't be the same without every last one.
7. I am especially thankful for the makers among them, and for their inspiration. I am grateful that from an early age I had a full arsenal of tools at my disposal for making all sorts of things -- and people willing to teach me how. Sewing, embroidery, knitting, cooking, painting, quilting, basket-making, furniture building... the list goes on.
8. I am thankful that my mother taught me how to knit. Where in the world would I be without knitting? I bought an Elizabeth Zimmermann "Quote Tote" from Schoolhouse Press a few years ago: Knit on with confidence and hope through all crises. It is so true! My tote is a little different from the current version, and I think quite a bit bigger, so I only use it for big projects -- but those are exactly the types of projects I choose when there's a crises to knit through!
9. I am thankful for blogging, which stems directly from knitting, and all that it's brought to my life. I am thankful for you, dear reader. Thank you for following along... reading, writing, and often encouraging me with whatever my whim-of-the-day, including spatchcocked turkeys!
10. I am thankful for my hearth and home. I have been wrangling quite a bit lately with stuff and trying to reconfigure things -- not easy -- but I am grateful that I have a home that I love, near to so many of the people that I love.
Wrangling stuff is a big job, but rewarding to clear away. You're going to love the new look of your room with the doors in place. We all have so much to be thankful for and this blogging community is truly a big one. xox
Posted by: margene | 26 November 2013 at 12:03 PM
So many reasons to be thankful! Have a wonderful Thanksgiving Day.
Posted by: Donna | 26 November 2013 at 12:04 PM
Great 'Thankfuls' Ours lives are so full of wonderful blessings.
Posted by: Leslie | 26 November 2013 at 01:52 PM
This is a wonderful list and it made me stop and think about how thankful I am that Hannah has found a career path and is working diligently towards that end. It's so good for our hearts to see our girls doing well!
Posted by: Carole | 26 November 2013 at 02:42 PM
I am grateful to you for the first peeks into grandmother-hood. you're marking a path I hope to take myself in the next year or two... with grace and passion and love...and knitting (of course!) I hope to catch your blogging passion, too - definitely in 2014!
Posted by: Mary | 26 November 2013 at 06:05 PM
Grandma-hood is amazing!
Posted by: karen | 26 November 2013 at 06:23 PM
Wonderful things to be thankful for.
Posted by: kmkat | 26 November 2013 at 09:24 PM
Beautiful list, Vicki! (And I LOVE the door-project.)
Posted by: Kym | 27 November 2013 at 06:07 AM
Grateful to have met you! Let's do it again someday!
Posted by: Janine | 27 November 2013 at 08:41 AM