Ten on Tuesday: Breakfast of Champions!
Ten on Tuesday: 10 Favorite Breakfast Foods
1. Eggs. I have an egg for breakfast almost everyday.
2. Corned Beef Hash (with an egg). I haven't had this in ages, and hardly ever actually had it at breakfast... and I think this is what I want for supper TONIGHT. I haven't been able to stop thinking about it since it popped into my heard earlier today.
3. Bacon. Self-explanatory. Goes with everything.
4. Leftovers. Fish, some steak, half a bratwurst, a meatball, veggies of all sorts... yummy for breakfast (along with an egg).
5. Cereal with fruit & nuts. Cheerios with bananas & pecans. Rice Chex with raisins & walnuts. The barest minimum of milk. Liberal sprinkles of cinnamon.
6. Oatmeal. Good chewy stuff, with raisin and pecans, lots of cinnamon.
7. Greek yogurt. Plain, with honey, pineapple, and peach were my faves.
8. Toast. Regular or french. Good bread, good eggs, good syrup. :)
9. Pancakes with maple syrup & sausage links.
10. Waffles (ditto).
I mostly only eat #1, 3 & 4 for breakfast, lunch or dinner these days; the occasional #5 for a supper on my own or a late-night bite.
I get to smell toast regularly and, like fresh baked bread, it still smells good.
One of my favorite things about making pancakes & waffles were the stray little drips and bits that would get super done & crispy -- little pancake or waffle chips.
I like things crispy.
Speaking of breakfast (food), it's been a while and I could use a system reset, so I'm thinking about and gearing up for a Whole30 in February, I think. I ran across Melissa Joulwan's "food plan" and that's a good jumping off point. As has been previously documented here, I love her recipes!
I love breakfast food! I am going to do a whole 30 after vacation - which is the first week of Feb. I have been doing really well with not eating gluten products - I think the only thing I will need to give up is alcohol - sigh and cheese - to make my eating whole 30 approved. I just bought her Well Fed 2 book.
Posted by: karen | 21 January 2014 at 02:40 PM
Some people just can't imagine breakfast without gluten. We've done pretty well without grain. Just don't take my eggs away!
Posted by: margene | 21 January 2014 at 03:13 PM
Great list! I'm a little behind in my blog reading and just read through some of your recents posts. Holy Cuteness, is that grandson beautiful! Congrats to your family :-)
Posted by: Dianne | 21 January 2014 at 04:29 PM
I love leftovers for breakfast, too. And I just realized I didn't list cold pizza. I guess my eating habits really have changed in the last couple of years!
Posted by: Carole | 21 January 2014 at 04:37 PM
I like breakfast much better for lunch or dinner, and sadly(?) never learned to like eggs....
Posted by: Mary | 22 January 2014 at 04:58 AM
My guilty pleasure breakfast - cold pizza and Coca Cola!
Posted by: Laura from beautiful West Michigan | 22 January 2014 at 09:08 AM
Mmmmm. Breakfast. But I can't with the oatmeal. . .
Posted by: Kym | 22 January 2014 at 09:06 PM