Ten on Tuesday: 10 Favorite Breakfast Foods
1. Eggs. I have an egg for breakfast almost everyday.
2. Corned Beef Hash (with an egg). I haven't had this in ages, and hardly ever actually had it at breakfast... and I think this is what I want for supper TONIGHT. I haven't been able to stop thinking about it since it popped into my heard earlier today.
3. Bacon. Self-explanatory. Goes with everything.
4. Leftovers. Fish, some steak, half a bratwurst, a meatball, veggies of all sorts... yummy for breakfast (along with an egg).
5. Cereal with fruit & nuts. Cheerios with bananas & pecans. Rice Chex with raisins & walnuts. The barest minimum of milk. Liberal sprinkles of cinnamon.
6. Oatmeal. Good chewy stuff, with raisin and pecans, lots of cinnamon.
7. Greek yogurt. Plain, with honey, pineapple, and peach were my faves.
8. Toast. Regular or french. Good bread, good eggs, good syrup. :)
9. Pancakes with maple syrup & sausage links.
10. Waffles (ditto).
I mostly only eat #1, 3 & 4 for breakfast, lunch or dinner these days; the occasional #5 for a supper on my own or a late-night bite.
I get to smell toast regularly and, like fresh baked bread, it still smells good.
One of my favorite things about making pancakes & waffles were the stray little drips and bits that would get super done & crispy -- little pancake or waffle chips.
I like things crispy.
Speaking of breakfast (food), it's been a while and I could use a system reset, so I'm thinking about and gearing up for a Whole30 in February, I think. I ran across Melissa Joulwan's "food plan" and that's a good jumping off point. As has been previously documented here, I love her recipes!