Ten on Tuesday: EAT
Ten on Tuesday: 10 Foods I Am Looking Forward to Eating Now That Fall Is (almost) Here.
1. Chili. All Day! With Fritos and Football.
2. Soup. Nothing says "warm me up" like a bowl of soup!
3. A Roast. Any kind. With carrots, parsnips, and potatoes.
4. Lasagna. It's always been my go-to in any season, but particularly as it gets cooler outside. And made with some Roasted Tomato Sauce? Divine.
5. BBQ Ribs. KC&T just began selling my favorite BBQ sauce, Howling Wolf! (And will soon feature the Cranberry Orange sauce on a panini.)
6. Apples. Worth the wait.
7. Roasted Veggies. Any and all!
8. Cranberries. In bread (sparingly). In sauce. I love their tartness!
9. Zucchini Bread. Also sparingly, but it seems every year I somehow have one (large) zucchini that I just don't know what to do with except make bread!
10. Pumpkin Pie. This is the realm of my husband. He *loves* pie... pumpkin and apple, in particular, so this is definitely pie season around here. I can protest 'til the cows come home... there will be pie.
* * * * *
Wisconsin Weather (Fall)
3 Days ago I posted: "I am having warm thoughts about my furnace." It was mid-60s in my house. In spring that feels amazing, in fall... not so much.
Today I posted: "It was a little warm at work today. We had the door open and a fan going but, really, it was warm enough for A/C. We just couldn't do it! It felt as though we'd have been closing the door right in summer's face... (sad face)."
For the record, it's 7 p.m. and still 83F outside.
Tomorrow (day off) is supposed to be much like today. (Yay!)
Sounds like you'll have perfect weather for your day off! We've had some cooler nights but the days have been warm and sunny and I'm loving it! Great list of fall foods, I think you will be baking.
Posted by: Carole | 16 September 2015 at 06:26 AM
I knew you'd have a wonderful list of comfort foods! I get so many ideas and recipes from you. If we didn't have your recipe for tomato sauce I'm not sure what we'd eat all winter! Autumn is a fickle weather season. It goes from summer to winter in a matter of hours and right back again. We've have had roller coaster of weather, too. Sadly, there have been too many weather related deaths the last few days.
Posted by: margene | 16 September 2015 at 07:25 AM
Oh the weather is sooo nice here too. Great list Vicki and zucchini bread is on the to do list for our house this weekend as well!
Posted by: Patty | 16 September 2015 at 10:34 AM
Roasted vegies, yum! You can throw the leftovers in the blender, add some stock, and have vegie soup.
Posted by: kmkat | 16 September 2015 at 12:37 PM
warm days and chilly nights = best weather! love your list and hope you enjoyed your time away from work!
Posted by: Mary | 17 September 2015 at 05:25 AM
The weather has certainly been wacky! I always like the little bursts of summer that come back now and again. . . (And your food list makes my mouth water . . . )
Posted by: Kym | 17 September 2015 at 06:27 AM
In a word, Yum! Indeed as we look forward to the fall flavors, the weather will do a number on us all as it vacillates better summer & not for the coming weeks. :)
Posted by: Amy | 17 September 2015 at 06:52 AM