Ten on Tuesday: 10 Things On My Summer Bucket List
Originally posted in June, let's see how's it going, shall we?
This summer, I want to:
1 -- Play with Junah -- CHECK!
Trains and water play are the favorites!
2 -- Cuddle with Gin -- CHECK!
Lots and lots. She's 3 months old today!! She's so happy and loves to smile, and to watch her big brother!
3 -- Get a BINGO! -- not yet.
I'm not sure whether it'll actually happen, but I've enjoyed some pretty great books while trying. I'm currently listening to The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society, and loving it, and turning the pages of All The Light We Cannot See, which I am also enjoying. I'm at around the half-way mark of both books.
4 -- Sew a dress for Gin (and maybe one for me) -- CHECK! (and working on it)!
Tops instead of dresses, though I do have a dress in my sights for Gin.
5 -- Take a day trip to Door County -- not yet.
But we did take a day trip to the northwoods last week, and had lunch at Little Bohemia!
6 -- Stitch on my Alabama Chanin Magdalena A-line Tunic -- CHECK!
I'm not setting the world on fire, but I've been stitching now and then.
7 -- Finish Romi's 2016 "Mystery" Shawl -- not yet.
8 -- Finish Kirsten's 2016 Mystery KAL Shawl (while it's still a mystery!) -- CHECK!
I fell behind and didn't finish while it was still a mystery, but I didn't peek until the end, so it was still a mystery to me; and I finished in time to post in the Ravelry thread by the deadline for prizes. It felt good to meet a deadline!
9 -- Finish Ina's LOLA Sweater in time for late-summer/fall layering -- working on it.
This was my project du jour at the last knit night, though, so a little progress has been made. I think it'll be my go-to project every knit night!
10 -- Go to the zoo! There's a nice, small zoo not far from us, and Jün is the perfect age! This would be fun to do along with my nephews, too. -- not yet.
If it happens, it won't likely be with the nephews... they'll be off to Spain in 3-4 short weeks and there's lots to do!
Meanwhile, I've also...
- Attended two weddings as a guest and another as second photographer
- Photographed an engagement session for a wedding coming up next month
- Spent every Saturday morning since July 2nd at the farmer market or otherwise assisting
- Had a nice 5-day get-away to the far north with kids & kiddos
- Been more diligently working with Kate on menu planning and cooking
- Come to grips with my sister's upcoming departure
- Began weekly-ish mowing of Mom's lawn again while my stepdad is out of the country
- Kept up with the laundry
- Even occasionally swished the toilet bowl