I read 10 books in 2019... and had a goal of 20 (down from 25 in 2018, of which I read 15).
- Fashion Climbing: A Memoir with Photographs, Bill Cunningham
- Fox 8, George Saunders
- The Summer Walkers, Travelling People and Pearl-Fishers in the Highlands of Scotland, Timothy Neat
- The Bright Hour: A Memoir of Living and Dying, Nina Riggs
- Blood: A Memoir, Allison Moorer
- The Particular Sadness of Lemon Cake, Aimee Bender
- Uncommon Type: Some Stories, Tom Hanks
- Daisy Jones & The Six, Taylor Jenkins Reid
- Daughters of the Lake, Wendy Webb
My favorites were Fox 8, The Summer Walkers, Blood, Uncommon Type, and Daisy Jones & The Six.
My least favorite (to put it nicely) were The Particular Sadness of Lemon Cake and Daughters of the Lake.
In truth, I didn't actually finish "lemon cake" until last night... it was a struggle.
I am currently 3 hours from finishing the 14-hour listen that is The Unwomanly Face of War: An Oral History of Women in World War II... and that'll be a big one under my belt to begin 2020!
_ _ _ _ _
Have a good weekend! I'll be doing more catch-up stuff and not taking down my Christmas tree.