Unraveled Wednesday: 2020
I'm joining Kat & the Unravelers today to share a review of my 2020 Knitting & Reading!
It was an OK year! Details of all on Ravelry; I am knitorious.
- (1) Cardigan
- (1) Pair of beaded, fingerless mitts
- (2) Shawls
- (1) Pillow
- (1) Epic baby blanket
- (1) Messy bun hat
- (4) Christmas Trees
- (3) Gnomes*
- (1) Shawl for a friend (no deadline)
- (1) Village Pillow (fuzzy deadline)
- (1) *Gnome that needs fixing
- (1) Gnome for my sister Ann
I didn't meet my arbitrary "goal," but I did manage to read a couple more books than last year (though around 300 fewer pages)!
- Fever, Mary Beth Keane (actually, I recall that I didn't finish this one... but almost)
- His Other Life, Melanie McCabe
- The Bone Weaver's Orchard, Sarah Read
- Wild Game, Adrienne Brodeur
- Plantation Slave Weavers Remember - An Oral History, Mary Madison
- The Unwomanly Face of War: An Oral History of Woman in World War II, Svetlana Alexievich
- Crazy Brave: A Memoir, Joy Harjo
- Autumn, Ali Smith
- The Dutch House, Ann Patchett
- The Story of More: How We Got to Climate Change and Where to Go from Here, Hope Jahren
- Between the World and Me, T-Nehisi Coates
- The Women of Brewster Place, Gloria Naylor
I also listened to Break Shot: My First 21 Years, James Taylor's memoir on Audible and enjoyed it quite a bit.
Dabbled/started (audio): Beowulf, So You Want to Talk About Race, and Hamnet; and purchased five other titles that I haven't even begun yet. I'm going to restart Hamnet very soon!
And in pages, I added:
- (1) Cookbook
- Everything She Touched: The Life of Ruth Asawa
- (1) Architecture book
- Centering in Pottery, Poetry, and the Person
- (1) Embroidery book
I had forgotten about your lovely Arrows, and it's so nice to see Safe at Home and all the gnomes. It does look like a pretty good year in both knitting and reading, and I wish you nothing but the best in 2021!
Posted by: Bonny | 30 December 2020 at 03:17 PM
Ooo! Nice reminder on starting an Arrows! (and your book list has a couple of things that I think I need to read!!) Thank you!
Posted by: Kat | 30 December 2020 at 03:43 PM
Your knitting projects are all wonderful but Davey's blanket definitely steals the show! Good reading list, too! Thanks for reading our bloggy book club picks!
Posted by: Carole | 31 December 2020 at 05:59 AM
I'd say you had a wonderful year of knitting and reading! Your book selection includes a few new-to-me titles ... not that my TBR needs any help :-)
Posted by: Mary | 31 December 2020 at 06:44 AM
I see an excellent mix of projects and books! Also, I think your Safe at Home blanket really wins the year -- that was a monster and a masterpiece of a project!
Posted by: Sarah | 31 December 2020 at 08:51 AM