I'm joining Kat & the Unravelers today to share a review of my 2020 Knitting & Reading!
It was an OK year! Details of all on Ravelry; I am knitorious.
- (1) Cardigan
- (1) Pair of beaded, fingerless mitts
- (2) Shawls
- (1) Pillow
- (1) Epic baby blanket
- (1) Messy bun hat
- (4) Christmas Trees
- (3) Gnomes*
- (1) Shawl for a friend (no deadline)
- (1) Village Pillow (fuzzy deadline)
- (1) *Gnome that needs fixing
- (1) Gnome for my sister Ann
I didn't meet my arbitrary "goal," but I did manage to read a couple more books than last year (though around 300 fewer pages)!
- Fever, Mary Beth Keane (actually, I recall that I didn't finish this one... but almost)
- His Other Life, Melanie McCabe
- The Bone Weaver's Orchard, Sarah Read
- Wild Game, Adrienne Brodeur
- Plantation Slave Weavers Remember - An Oral History, Mary Madison
- The Unwomanly Face of War: An Oral History of Woman in World War II, Svetlana Alexievich
- Crazy Brave: A Memoir, Joy Harjo
- Autumn, Ali Smith
- The Dutch House, Ann Patchett
- The Story of More: How We Got to Climate Change and Where to Go from Here, Hope Jahren
- Between the World and Me, T-Nehisi Coates
- The Women of Brewster Place, Gloria Naylor
I also listened to Break Shot: My First 21 Years, James Taylor's memoir on Audible and enjoyed it quite a bit.
Dabbled/started (audio): Beowulf, So You Want to Talk About Race, and Hamnet; and purchased five other titles that I haven't even begun yet. I'm going to restart Hamnet very soon!
And in pages, I added:
- (1) Cookbook
- Everything She Touched: The Life of Ruth Asawa
- (1) Architecture book
- Centering in Pottery, Poetry, and the Person
- (1) Embroidery book