FO: Windschief + 2017 Knitting Review
Well, I just love this little hat!
It's my first FO -- both started & finished -- of 2018!
- Ravelry Project Page: Windschief for Junah
- Pattern: Windschief by Stephen West
- Yarn: Patons Classic Wool Tweed
- Needles: US 6 & US 7
- Start to Finish: January 1-4, 2018
Super cute. Fun & quick to knit, with the twisted rib section adding just enough to keep it interesting. I finished at Knit Night last night, and the kids just happened to be there!
It was knit for Jün and he tried it on, but he did not want photos nor did he want to give it back! (I nabbed it later when he wasn't looking, and then Gin "volunteered" to model.)
Meanwhile, here's a snapshot of knitting accomplished in 2017:
No one is more surprised than me that I finished 24+ items last year!
- Two kittens
- Two polar bears
- Seven+ hats (some never made Ravelry)
- One beard
- Freak flags (double set)
- Three cowls
- Four shawls
- Two pairs of mitts
- One dress & two little sweaters for Gin (one of them started ages ago)
- One ornament
- One adult cardigan -- that had been in the WIP pile for almost 10 years!
(By comparison, I finished a grand total of nine items in 2016. Not my best knitting year.)
I was a fairly monogamous knitter last year, starting & completing projects in reasonable time, with focus & purpose. I think I started only three projects last year that remain unfinished: another pair of Squad Mitts, a gnome, and my Brambling Shawl. I didn't make any big plans or goals, just went with my heart... and I think I'll just stick with that!!